NUTRITION AND FITNESS
In addition to exercise, proper nutrition plays a major role
in attaining and maintaining total fitness. Good dietary habits greatly enhance the ability of people to perform
at their maximum potential. A good
diet alone, however, will not make up for poor health and exercise
habits. This chapter gives basic nutritional guidance for enhancing
physical performance. One must know and follow the basic
nutrition principles if he hopes to maintain weight control as
well as achieve maximum physical fitness, good health, and mental
- Eat of variety of foods.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
- Choose a diet with plenty of vegetables, fruits, and grain products.
- Use sugars only in moderation.
- Use salt and sodium only in moderation.
- If you drink alchoholic beverages, do so in moderation.
Proper nutrition plays a major role in attaining and maintaining total fitness.